Esters Gas Analyzer...

FCESPEDESC

Esters Gas Analyzer ...

Dear...
We have in our possession, Gas analyzer Esters brand and a controller named Goliath Esters.
We need to obtain data from this computer that has an RS232 serial port.
With a software called Comm Operator Pal, which replaces the Hyperterminal and Nport 5150 Moxa converter, generate the link, sending frames.
The controller responds Goliath us without problems.
The Moxa Nport 5150, is set to mode (TCP Server Mode)
Plot that ship with software Comm Operator Pal is: 21 06 01 65 50 22
6 bytes are in Hexa format.
Controller Goliath, responds with 54 consecutive byte.
This same need to do it in a CompactLogix L33ER, has no serial port, but we understand that we can do it apparently with the MSG function, using the ethernet port and the moxa converter.
This is where we need help from any of you.
Thankful in advance.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Paulo

------------------
Esters Analizador de Gas...

Estimados...
Tenemos en nuestro poder, un analizador de Gas marca Esters y un Controlador llamado Goliath Esters.
Necesitamos poder obtener datos desde este equipo que tiene una puerta serial RS232.
Con un software llamado Comm Operator Pal, que reemplaza al Hyperterminal y un conversor Moxa Nport 5150, generamos el enlace, enviando las tramas.
El Controlador Goliath nos responde sin problemas.
El Moxa Nport 5150, está configurado en modo (TCP Server Mode)
La Trama que enviamos con el Software Comm Operator Pal es: 21 06 01 65 50 22
Son 6 Byte en formato Hexa.
El Controlador Goliath, responde con 54 byte consecutivos.
Esto mismo necesitamos hacerlo en un CompactLogix L33ER, no posee puerto serial, pero entendemos que podemos realizarlo al parecer con la función MSG, utilizando el puerto ethernet y el conversor moxa.
Es aquí donde necesitamos la ayuda de alguno de ustedes.
Agradecido de antemano.
Muchas gracias.

Saludos,

Paulo

I usually ignore people who are asking me directly, but this time I will make an exception :)

If Moxa does not support Ethernet/IP, then you need to use Logix Sockets.
Start with technote 32962 (TCP Client) that gives you a simple manual step operation.
Once you got this going, you can download Sockets AOI application from the KnowledgeBase that should do all you need.

Dear Contr_Conn ... I appreciate your generosity in sharing their knowledge and time. You confirm what I had thought, as I had read his other post mentioning go the same way, using the technical note 32962. Unfortunately I do not have the level right now that can read this technical note. Will be available in the forum somewhere this technical note with the AOI? Again thank you very much for your reply, I hope to contribute some time with my knowledge. Greetings ... Sorry for my English, use the Google translator ...

It's not allowed to distribute or share these technotes in the forum because they have restricted access level.