Labview with Ethernet/IP to Allen Bradley

phuz

Does anyone have experience with using Labview and the Ethernet/IP driver?
I am finding the functionality very limited and could use some pointers.

Well, maybe it can, but I haven't found a way. One of the main things I need is to have a button that writes to a boolean tag, but reads its indicator from a different tag. The only solution I have found so far is to throw an indicator on top of the button, so its two different objects. It works, but its not ideal.

A rung can be added to the PLC that basically mirrors the push button input (defined in the input image) to an output (in the output image). This is basically a acknowledgement that the PLC received the input by setting an output.

Yup, that's what I'm doing now. But on the Labview, I wanted to have a single pushbutton that allows you to write to a tag and read from a different tag, just like FTView, IFIX, WW, etc. can do.

Thanks. It doesn't look like you can populate it from CLX strings though and then write the index value back down. At least not easily.