Compact Logix L30ER rev 20 and Panelview plus 1250 rev 5.10

Saavedra

I have these PLC and HMI and want to communicate them. I made a program in RSLogix5000 and FactoryTalkViewStudio, tried them out with FT station and it worked well.
However, when I make the runtime application, a message appears stating:

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "L30ER". Device name = "Demo2". Description: The system has detected that a device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut. If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems. Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

What I have came up with is that the PLC (Compactlogix rev 20) is a little to advanced for the obsolete HMI (PanelViewPlus1250 rev 5.10.06.09).

Is there a way to help this situation? or are these 2 hardwares simply just too far apart?

Thanks

I have these PLC and HMI and want to communicate them. I made a program in RSLogix5000 and FactoryTalkViewStudio, tried them out with FT station and it worked well.
However, when I make the runtime application, a message appears stating:

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "L30ER". Device name = "Demo2". Description: The system has detected that a device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut. If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems. Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

What I have came up with is that the PLC (Compactlogix rev 20) is a little to advanced for the obsolete HMI (PanelViewPlus1250 rev 5.10.06.09).

Is there a way to help this situation? or are these 2 hardwares simply just too far apart?

Thanks

If memory serves me correctly, this PV problem was solved with a new Firmware version for the PV, I cannot remember the exact version but the latest (5.10.16) should resolve it for you.

Did you test the application on the PV?

The message is very clear: If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems.

I get that message when compiling a v8.10 project to a v5.10 target with a ControlLogix 5575 (v24) as the tag host, but it works.

Did you test the application on the PV?

The message is very clear: If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation will not cause any problems.

I did test the application on the PV. Didn´t work.
Where can I find the latest update for the PVP1250?

Thanks

Usireland is very likely correct; the older PanelView 5.10 terminals got a patch that allows them to support the modern CompactLogix.

Start at the RA firmware download page:

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/firmware/overview.page?

In general, you need a Rockwell Automation TechConnect service contract to be eligible for firmware downloads.

I updated the firmware of the PV to 5.10.16.09, but didn´t work out, still no communication.

The version of the factory talk im using is 5.10.00.

I tried withversion 7.00.00 but it was not compatible.

Any other ideas on how to solve this issue? Maybe the firmware still isn´t high enough?

Thanks.