opc toolbox

Stavrina Deve

hello everyone! i want to create a communication between my PLC and the matlab . I need that in order to write program in matlab and give the PLC the orders to do my work ( it's pretty difficult to write the program i need in STL language ). I also need that in order to receive same data from my PLC and make a close loop control to my system . I search here and read generally about OPC toolbox . If i understood well it's not free. Unfortunately I can't afford to pay for that . Do you have any ideas how can i manage to do that communication ? Thank you

I'm not sure if they offer matlab drivers and such but Kepware will connect to almost anything as OPC.
You can run the software for 2 hours even in demo mode.
If it works, it will allow you to do your work.

Greetings,

Kepware does not specifically have the driver you are needing. However, they do have a driver - U-Con that enables you to create your own driver. More information can be found through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/kepware/ucon.htm

As was mentioned previously, there is a two hour run-time license without purchase. If you are looking to use this solution for longer than two hours, you will need to purchase this driver. Keep in mind you are only paying for the drivers you are going to use. In this case it would be the U-Con driver.

You can download KepserverEX from our web site directly:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

Disclosure: ESI is an authorized Kepware distributor.