GE 90-30 and Machine Edition ?

jcraft

Hi all,

HAve a question as I have never seen this before. I do not do a lot of programming but have worked with ME and the 90-30 for the last 5-6 years and have done troubleshooting and logic updates here and there. Here is the issue, we have a 90-30 in a peice of equipment and i am using ME 8.6. I haven't went online with this machine in quite sometime and When I pulled my backup copy of program and went online it said logic was equal but config. was not equal. I know nothing has changed with this piece of equipment or the program as I Would be the only one doing this at our facility. In any event I needed to make a program change so I did an upload from the controller to get everything equal and I made may change and saved it. All appears to be working. The problem is the new project is local in ME on my laptop, if I go in and do a backup to our network and then restore this project back into ME ( not overwriting the original), if I open the backup copy, it agian comes up config not eqaul but the logic is. If I open the original back up and go online it says both are equal. I also tried to just do a duplicate of project in ME and then went on line but again config. is not equal. NEver seen this before and now that the project is local at my PC and I can get on line with everything equal, I can't back it up. Any thoughts.

we do have motion modules in the PLC rack. We actually have 5 other similar machines all with similar controls and I have been updating the programs in all of them for years and have never come across issues with configs going unequal when saving or backing up. Weird.

Yes, it is a bit weird and may be related to several things, is there DeviceNet? PME 8.6 has 11 SIMs are you on the latest?
In general if you are not making changes to the Hardware configuration I would ignore that and concentrate on keeping a good backup of your logic.
With older versions of PME backups could only be made when 'Off line' can you make a backup then?

IMHO it is always best to keep your PME up-to-date with the latest SIM to have the most number of 'patches'.

We do not have any devicenet on the machine. I tried making the backups while offline and the project closed but each time it says not equal.