Media Redundancy on Profinet (Siemens PLC)

userxyz

Hi,

I have a problem with Media Redundancy.

My config in test is like this:

redun.jpg

When I disconnect 1 side, the red lights goes on and the slave is lost.

This is a test set-up, because on a project where I have 5 slaves and I wanted to have media redundancy, after a powerbreakdown the network does not reconnect it slaves, only when breaking the ring the slaves become online again. The media redundancy does not work for me at the moment..

Anyone with some redundancy experience here ?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
C

1 step further after configuring a topology

I've red that a topology has to be draw in the hardwareconfig, so I did. Then redownloaded the HW.

Here the diag after disconnecting a cable:

ddd.png

The thing is, when I disconnect the cable between ports 1 and 1 the EXTF red light is on, but no BUSF, if I disconnect the cable between ports 2 and 2 then I also get a BUSF for some seconds.

The remote IO is lost when braking a connection, so I think it still fails to work.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've never tried to use MRP with only two devices, but I assume it should work.

I see the "Wrong Partner" statement in the HW config. Does your real wiring actually match the offline topology?

it does

Yes it does.
I placed an output card (8 Q) and I connected MB0 to QB0. MB0 configured as clockbyte in the cpu. This way I can verify the output signales.

I can see that breaking one side shuts off all outputs for 5 seconds... same result asif I would not configure media redundancy...

:confused:

I've never tried to use MRP with only two devices, but I assume it should work.

I see the "Wrong Partner" statement in the HW config. Does your real wiring actually match the offline topology?

What version/type of ET200 are you using? I think some versions are unable to function as nodes in a MRP network.

Pi

I just wish to clarify how the panel LEDs react when a cable is disconnected:

When both are connected: solid for the RUN light, no other LEDs on
When you disconnect P1, P2 still connected: EXTF and RUN solid, no others on
When you disconnect P2, P1 still connected: EXTF and RUN solid, BUSF flashing

Do you lose I/O signals in both cases or just one?

Is this correct?

Pi

leds

One side stays good, other side red blinking and green blinking, outputs become low, so connection falls away on 1 side.

I just wish to clarify how the panel LEDs react when a cable is disconnected:

When both are connected: solid for the RUN light, no other LEDs on
When you disconnect P1, P2 still connected: EXTF and RUN solid, no others on
When you disconnect P2, P1 still connected: EXTF and RUN solid, BUSF flashing

Do you lose I/O signals in both cases or just one?

Is this correct?

Pi

Are you able to monitor the ring status online as you connect/disconnect cables? There should be an option to monitor topology status online. It looks like the MRP is configured correctly, but it's not connecting through the redundant port.

Try swapping your cable connections. If the cable was connected to port one, move it to port two. Does the problem with losing outputs follow the cable?

Pi