Panelview Plus 1000 Backup and Restore Question

joelchickey

Long story short,

I have several of these panelview plus 1000.
they are interchangeable, so the programming is all the same.

every so often when powering off/on It seems the firmware on
them go corrupt.

Should I be able to use RSView to update/fix the firmware,
and then copy my .MER files and settings from another working screen (same)? or is it more complicated than that?

The reason I ask is, everytime this happens, the company simply
wants to sell me a brand new panelview instead of even attempting to fix
the issue.

hmm okay, I did notice there is an accessible CF card , and then a second internal CF card.. Does the internal CF card host the firmware? (just need to clone this CF card from a working unit?)