RSLinx Lite (free) and RSLinx Gateway on same network

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question...

If I have the free version of RSLinx on a computer on the same network as another computer running RSLinx Gateway and select the driver as Remote Devices via Linx gateway, will I be able to connect to devices not accessible by RSLinx Lite?

I have an industrial control student starting on-site for a three week work term. It would be great if he could connect to devices other than those permitted using the free version of RSLinx.

RSLinx Gateway lets you pipe any of its local drivers across TCP/IP to another instance of RSLinx (Lite or otherwise).

The general idea was to allow a computer with a expensive or specialized interface like a 1784-KTX (old DH+ card) allow different computers on the TCP/IP network to share that resource.

So your intern will be able to use her RSLinx Lite to access any network for which your RSLinx Gateway has a driver running.