Best Practices Programming Kinetix Question

Psymon

Hi All -

I have a system that I am setting up with about 50 axes of motion. There are 10 stations total where 9 of them are exactly the same. I have written the program where everything is pretty much the same except the name of the axis. Now, if I were able to create a Program Scoped AXIS_CIP_DRIVE tag, I would be a happy man, since for example, I could create a program scoped tag called RotaryTable in my program Station 1 and have it aliased to my St1RotaryTable cotroller scoped axis tag. I am ashamed to admit that when I do a minor program change to one program, sometimes I forget to change the axis name and it gets replicated 8 more times and then I feel like an idiot when I eventually find it. The bigger changes I just export the program and use a find/replace in notepad to change the axis names.

This is my first time doing a system with so many duplicate sections, and I'm just trying to come up with ways to make my programming more streamlined (i.e. easier). So if you have any tips or tricks, please, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Jay