Modules im 360/361

dahnuguy

Step 7 400 CPU added a 360 to rack and 361.

361 has read fault LED and green LED for 5v .

The documentation says that this idicates that either there is no power on the 360 (there is) or the cable between the two is not connected. (it is)

Any other reason this fault LED would be on?

Step 7 400 CPU added a 360 to rack and 361.

361 has read fault LED and green LED for 5v .

The documentation says that this idicates that either there is no power on the 360 (there is) or the cable between the two is not connected. (it is)

Any other reason this fault LED would be on?

I thought the 360/361 were for the S7 300 CPU. You might want to doublecheck the parts involved.

I thought the 360/361 were for the S7 300 CPU. You might want to doublecheck the parts involved.

That would be something.

Same parts used on two other machines in build right now. They both work. Swapped the 361 yesterday same result. Got busy with other issues today. I had planned to just swap both modules and the cable from the other machine but was interupted.

Machine is powered down for a few days, thought I would ask if there is anything else to look at like something in the HW config.

The 360 and 361 are not reversed are they?- because one is a send and other is a receive
Also I hope you don't have a home brewed cable..
Here are the cable numbers

The order numbers for the connecting cable are shown in table 01.
LengthOrder no.
1m
6ES7 368-3BB01-0AA0

2.5m

6ES7 368-3BC51-0AA0

5m
6ES7 368-3BF01-0AA0

10m
6ES7 368-3CB01-0AA0

Last edited:
360 is in CPU rack like the other two machines receiving.

I suspect the cable or a defective part, I can't find anything in the HW config. Looks like it should be plug and play. All the documentation assumes it is plugged in and it works, not much mentioned in regards to stetting it up etc.

I have never seen these before.
Normally use Ethernet I/O modules. This customer wanted to use profibus so it would match the rest of the area it will be installed in. It looks like they were interested in avoiding the simplicity and cost effective Ethernet design in order to ensure a more expensive and less reliable system which is more difficult to troubleshoot.

No idea why they want a remote I/O when there is plenty of room on the CPU rack. It does add hardware cost and increased chance of failure though.

This is an inexpensive way to expand the rack. Since they have profibus already, I'm surprised they didn't use an IM153 though.

This is an inexpensive way to expand the rack. Since they have profibus already, I'm surprised they didn't use an IM153 though.

are you suggesting that using the 360 and 361 modules are cheaper than just adding the two I/O cards to the CPU rack???????

I have room for maybe 4 cards of the main rack.

No idea why they wanted it this way, maybe they like having extra room?

Some customers will ask fro 25% future expansion. I would leave the real estate in the cabinet and add the expansion hardware when that need arises.

Nope
Im saying IF the main rack is FULL. Then its a cheap way to expand.....
Anyone that has 4 racks of S120 cant be all that bad in my book
(I see this in your hardware config)

Good Luck

Yes I agree after the rack is full this does seem straight forward and simple, inexpensive. The 10 meter distance limit is a bit restrictive, but workable.

Thanks for the help, I expected it to be something simple and obvious. I don't have power for a few days, but I can check the current location of the cable.

Thanks again.

Noticed your signature.
I am usually in upstate SC also.