SST-PFB-PLC5 Profibus COMMUNICATION

h_wings

I want to know how to communicate between Computer and the SST profibus using SST Profibus Configuration Software. I have the software and the RS 232 cable.

DO I need to stop the PLC 5 in order to upload the configuration file from the scanner? Because I need the configuration file, and I can't stop the system.

Please tell me is that the must to put the PLC 5 in program mode to upload the Configuration file? Thank you

Profibus

Thats a good question. I know you do to download a new config file but I am not sure about uploading. Why not just give it a try. The most that will happen is it will give you some type of upload error. Also call their tech support, they have always been very knowledgeable when I have needed to call them. They always have someone standing by even on holidays.

Profibus

Thank you for reply, I try already to upload but the communication error still occuring. Any how, I will try again when the line can be stop.