Modicon premium tsx p573634

franciscoufa

Hello to all,

I am working with a PLC MODICON PREMIUM TSX P573634, and I have got some questions about it, I have worked with several PLCs of Siemenes, Allen Bradley, but I only know a little bit about the M340 of Schneider and this PLC is some different.

Could anybody tell me, how I can do the connect between PC and PLC in order to upload/download the programs? I believe that the software used for it is Unity Pro, but I dont know what type of cable/port I should be use.

Secondly, I have to make a Redundancy System between two of these PLC, I have been investigating about the issue and I am doubtful if I have to use the "HOT-STAND-BY system" or "WARM STAND-BY system".

Thanks so much,

Regards.

You will need untilway cables if there is no ethernet port.

TSXCUSB485 + TSXCRJMD25

Firstly, I am very grateful for your fast reply.

The PLC has got an ethernet port, but it is currently in use (I believe that through of this port, a connection is made between PLC and a Schneider TWIDO). I need TO connect to the PLC but I cannot stop the proccess, I only should make is to download the program in order to copy it in the other PLC.

I attached an image to give some help.

DSC01075.jpg

Hello to all,

I am working with a PLC MODICON PREMIUM TSX P573634, and I have got some questions about it, I have worked with several PLCs of Siemenes, Allen Bradley, but I only know a little bit about the M340 of Schneider and this PLC is some different.

Could anybody tell me, how I can do the connect between PC and PLC in order to upload/download the programs? I believe that the software used for it is Unity Pro, but I dont know what type of cable/port I should be use.

Secondly, I have to make a Redundancy System between two of these PLC, I have been investigating about the issue and I am doubtful if I have to use the "HOT-STAND-BY system" or "WARM STAND-BY system".

Thanks so much,

Regards.

As above you need to use those cables or unplug the Ethernet (you may be able to connect to a switch if there is one in the system) and use that but you will need to know the IP address to connect to and make sure you do not duplicate the IP with your laptop.

You will not have to stop the PLC to upload a program to a laptop.

The processor you have is not a hot standby or warm standby processor, you need to use a dedicated processor for that, those are the TSXH5724M or TSXH5744M, these are hot standby, there is no warm standby option any more.

You could of course write your own code to decide which PLC is master etc. but this is complicated and usually has varying results in functionality depending how well you write your program.

As above you need to use those cables or unplug the Ethernet (you may be able to connect to a switch if there is one in the system) and use that but you will need to know the IP address to connect to and make sure you do not duplicate the IP with your laptop.

You will not have to stop the PLC to upload a program to a laptop.

The processor you have is not a hot standby or warm standby processor, you need to use a dedicated processor for that, those are the TSXH5724M or TSXH5744M, these are hot standby, there is no warm standby option any more.

You could of course write your own code to decide which PLC is master etc. but this is complicated and usually has varying results in functionality depending how well you write your program.

I dont understand fully your answer. I unterstand that with this CPU I cannot make a Redundancy system between two PLCs, and I would need other PLC'S CPU like TSXH5724M or TSXH5744M... or the option of making a redundancy system through of program's code???

I dont understand fully your answer. I unterstand that with this CPU I cannot make a Redundancy system between two PLCs, and I would need other PLC'S CPU like TSXH5724M or TSXH5744M... or the option of making a redundancy system through of program's code???

You said:

Secondly, I have to make a Redundancy System between two of these PLC, I have been investigating about the issue and I am doubtful if I have to use the "HOT-STAND-BY system" or "WARM STAND-BY system"

I was pointing out that you can't do that with the processors you have as you led me to believe that you were trying to do this as you said "these PLC"

Its perfectly possible to program a warm standby system with normal PLC programming and non hot standby PLC's but its a lot of work and you have to be very careful.

You have to know the TCPIP address of the plc.
If you know what it is then you can connect through the plc port. If you install a switch in the cable to whatever the Ethernet goes to then you can still address the plc.
For example if the PLC were 192.168.0.50 you would tell the Unity Pro that this ewas the address and download the program that is currently running.
If you do not have a program and you don't know what the address is and the unit is in default state then you can decode the Mac ADDRESS to find out what it currently is and address it in Unity Pro and if you need to change it then that can be done through the Unity Pro as well.
More than one device can connect via the Ethernet port.
For example it the HMI is on the line it could be 192.168.0.51 etc as well as other devices addressed in the subnet.
The Unity pro will have to be in the subnet as well od course.

You have to know the TCPIP address of the plc.
If you know what it is then you can connect through the plc port. If you install a switch in the cable to whatever the Ethernet goes to then you can still address the plc.
For example if the PLC were 192.168.0.50 you would tell the Unity Pro that this ewas the address and download the program that is currently running.
If you do not have a program and you don't know what the address is and the unit is in default state then you can decode the Mac ADDRESS to find out what it currently is and address it in Unity Pro and if you need to change it then that can be done through the Unity Pro as well.
More than one device can connect via the Ethernet port.
For example it the HMI is on the line it could be 192.168.0.51 etc as well as other devices addressed in the subnet.
The Unity pro will have to be in the subnet as well od course.
Thank you so much. I believe that I know the IP adress of the PLC, so I will be able to connect through the Switch... I hope I can do it!

Hi to all,

I was able to connect to Modicon Premium TSX through IP adress. Now, I have a different question about the type of program's archive. I know .stu and .sta extensions of Unity, but this time I found a problem when I tried to open a .sta file. Unity try to open this file but it shows a message after load the program, it tells " The project file is uncompatible, open the sta file in order to check the compatibility or import the ZEF, XEF fiel". I think that this file was created with an older version of Unity and so that I cannot open it. Could someone help me? I attached files that I have got (.sta and .ztx)

Thanks beforehand.

PD. Forum does not let me to attach the files!

Last edited:
Hi to all,

I was able to connect to Modicon Premium TSX through IP adress. Now, I have a different question about the type of program's archive. I know .stu and .sta extensions of Unity, but this time I found a problem when I tried to open a .sta file. Unity try to open this file but it shows a message after load the program, it tells " The project file is uncompatible, open the sta file in order to check the compatibility or import the ZEF, XEF fiel". I think that this file was created with an older version of Unity and so that I cannot open it. Could someone help me? I attached files that I have got (.sta and .ztx)

Thanks beforehand.

PD. Forum does not let me to attach the files!

Do you mean you get that message when you try and open an STU file ?

Unity will open older versions of STU files, just rename the extension as STA.

Also what version of Unity are you using ?

Try zipping your files and adding them.

Do you mean you get that message when you try and open an STU file ?

Unity will open older versions of STU files, just rename the extension as STA.

Also what version of Unity are you using ?

Try zipping your files and adding them.

No, it shows this message when I try to open a STA file, not a STU! I have just try to rename the extension .STA as .STU and it shows the same message.

The Unity version which I am using is UNITY PRO XL V6.0.

No, it shows this message when I try to open a STA file, not a STU! I have just try to rename the extension .STA as .STU and it shows the same message.

The Unity version which I am using is UNITY PRO XL V6.0.

Version 6 is a few years old now. If you are on version 6 its more likely that the program was created on a newer version which would explain the error, there is no way around that without the XEF or ZEF.

Version 6 is a few years old now. If you are on version 6 its more likely that the program was created on a newer version which would explain the error, there is no way around that without the XEF or ZEF.

Maybe its possible. I will write to Schneider in order to see that if they can help me.

Otherwise, I have got two Modicon PREMIUM P57 and I am sure that it is not possible to make a redundancy system between the both. Would be possible to make a 100% redundancy system through of program's code???

Thanks,

Maybe its possible. I will write to Schneider in order to see that if they can help me.

Otherwise, I have got two Modicon PREMIUM P57 and I am sure that it is not possible to make a redundancy system between the both. Would be possible to make a 100% redundancy system through of program's code???

Thanks,

Schneider will help you, if you have support and have paid to update Unity, If you attach the programs i can try and save the XEF.

I already answered your questions on redundancy.