Hello Group...!!!

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
I just wanted to let you folks know what I have been doing for the past two years...
I received an offer for a position with 4 other gentlemen, all of us working as Independent contractors. We remove and relocate concrete block plants and batching systems worldwide.
I was the first of of us to arrive at a plant site SE of the Mexico City Airport, my first job with the group, and the owner said to me..." Good, you are the Project Manager, lets get going"...
This is one of the most highly automated batching systems our group has done, our fearless leader and programming wizard, Yancey Myers, has written programs and screens for 7 AD 260 PLC's and screens... I had to dig up an old IBM Thinkpad running Win95 to rewrite the missing code in two old Siemens units...anyone remember TiSoft?..., we have pulled over 85 Miles of control and power wires, most into a central control room for the two production lines...

An idea of the complexity...
6 raw materials are volumeticaly conveyed to one of four mixers, three of the mixers can blend in two different cements, and those same three mixers can add in a custom color blend made from 5 colored powders.
Two mixers, each 60 cut ft, feed a Besser V 3-12 Block machine, and my baby, the pallet transfer system. This line makes 1800 8 inch blocks an hour, with a 4 man crew.
The other two mixers, located 25 ft in the air, feed a very special Hess multi layer Paver machine. This line is still being optimized, it is now producing over 10,000 pavers a day.
...Oh, we also sold our farm in KY, moved lock ,stock and three BIG loads to Tacoma,Wa, and hosted our youngest daughters wedding at our new house during that same time period...
Now heading back to Mexico for 4 more projects... I will post some pics...

...But I'm back...🍻🍻🍻:site::site::site:

Hi David,

Welcome back.

Your project sounds very interesting and it would seem you have a very lucrative little buisness going there.....good for you!!! :)

If you get a chance post some pictures, I would like to take a look at that.

While you are in Mexico its Tequila only....stay away from the water...that stuff will kill you. :ROFLMAO:

When you are in Washington if you are ever get over Seattle way give a shout out on the forum, always game for a cold beer after work when we are at the dock. 🍺

Good Luck on your venture and take care.

BCS

Hello David.

I too a good few years ago did a concrete block batching plant from scratch and I was amazed at the complexity of the system. I was 3 months on site just programming.
And that was just to get a 'working system'

I remember struggling for ages to get a hygrometer working correctly (measures humidity or water content of the concrete mix) only for them to use a water meter and guess how much each batch needed.

I would never have guessed beforehand how much 'technicality' goes into making one of those grey unassuming building blocks.

Oh - welcome back.