Encoder Question

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are using an Absolute Gray Code Encoder that counts down from 255 to 0. I was wondering... we are upgrading from a Micrologix 1100 to controllogix and my question is how should I determine the starting point of the encoder? We are dropping out wet boards at a certain point in our lug chains and I am trying to determine based off the encoder value where that actually is in the lug chain spacing... hope this makes sense.

I am using Limit instructions with a given range depending on what I am needing to happen. I was thinking of basing it off where my first lug begins but so far that has not worked.... Using 0 isnt working either..

Similar Topics

Hello all. I am hoping someone here has installed a Danfoss VLT Midi FC 280 and connected an encoder to it. I am just trying to make sure I select...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am new to srevo control, and hope to you guys can help me. I have a Siemens s120 controler and drive, drive a cylinder up and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question about a gray code absolute 8 bit encoder. The encoder is connected to 8 inputs on an Allen Bradley PLC. if you turn the...
Replies
Views
I have a 755 Drive with a Single Incremental Encoder Module. I want to have the drive running on one encoder channel (A). I hooked all the wires...
Replies
Views
I have a Siko push-pull encoder connected to a Compact Logix via a 1734-IK. It's a 200 ppr encoder and I can see the counts in the "current data"...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom