Some advice needed

Mostin3

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.

I'm new to the forum and if possible I'd like a bit of advice. I'm an electrical maintenance engineer of ten years but I have very, very limited experience with PLC's. I did a short course, a 3 month appreciation, whilst in the second or third year of my apprenticeship but haven't had any exposure to them since, so that was a good 8 or 9 years ago.

It's something I'd really like to get into, therefore I'm looking for advice on the best way to learn. I've watched hours and hours of YouTube videos and searched the Internet for advice but then I stumbled upon this forum and thought it may be a good place to ask.

Any help or advice will be greatly received and appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi Mostin,

Welcome to the forum!

This is a question asked about every day and many excellent answers have been given, try a search on the forum:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=4883052

In short, practical experience is best. Be it through buying a cheap setup or attending a hands-on course.

Good luck and feel free to ask us any questions!!!