need help from someone with rslogix 5000 professional

I have some st routines that i cant open due to my company dosnt have a st editor license. Could someone open these for me if i upload them or the whole program and send them in a different file i can open? Or just screenshot them. Screenshots would be perfect so i can see them open in rslogix and not just a txt file. Thank you for any help

ZIP the project file first and then attach it. Once it is under the permissible upload limit size for a ZIP file (976.6 KB) you should be good to go.

Alternatively you could export the ST routines as .L5X files and they would be smaller. ZIP them again of course.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
These are some of the ST routines that are used in most of our machines. They all are used for reading and writing data to our server to store part information. Thanks

I tried to open a couple but got errors (something along the lines of "no controller specified") ...

suggestion:

try just doing a "File Save As" operation on the ENTIRE project - and just save it as an L5K type file ... that format is generally MUCH smaller than the ACD format ... then zip and post that one ... maybe we can open the L5K and give you what you need ...

specifically - save the ENTIRE project (as one L5K file) - and do NOT try extracting just the STX pieces that you're interested in ...

back to your original statement:

my company dosnt have a st editor license

that situation probably needs to change if you're going to need to continue working with this system in the future ...

I'm just back in work today. I'll have a go now...

OK. I have them in. I'll do screenshots and or save as text files now...

Ron,

These are just exported Routines (.L5X) and not an entire project export (.L5K). The File>Open method will not work as it's expecting a controller to be specified in the exported project file. Just use the normal Routine Import methods instead...

Right-click MainProgram>Add>Import Routine...

OR...

Highlight MainProgram & go to File>Import Component>Routine...

Last edited:
George - were you able to open these without errors? ...

here's what I'm getting (at least on his "Main.L5X" file) ... no time to try any others right now ...

(offline until tomorrow) ...

no_export.PNG

Last edited:
Dustin,

OK, here are some screenshots. They are high resolution so be patient...

ClearManITFaultList...
ClearManITFaultList.bmp

...I don't know what's up with this big gap here???...
...I've only one line in between them???...
...Oh well...

Convert_to_x10 screenshot 01...
Convert_to_x10_01.bmp

Convert_to_x10 screenshot 02...
Convert_to_x10_02.bmp

Convert_to_x10 screenshot 03...
Convert_to_x10_03.bmp

CopyPartToFaultList...
CopyPartToFaultList.bmp

FaultArray...
FaultArray.bmp

Main...
Main.bmp

ManITPostProcessUpdatePartStatus...
ManITPostProcessUpdatePartStatus.bmp

PostProcessConstructData screenshot 01...
PostProcessConstructData_01.bmp

PostProcessConstructData screenshot 02...
PostProcessConstructData_02.bmp

more...

Last edited:
PostProcessConstructData screenshot 03...
PostProcessConstructData_03.bmp

PostProcessSequence screenshot 01...
PostProcessSequence_01.bmp

PostProcessSequence screenshot 02...
PostProcessSequence_02.bmp

I'd agree with Ron on the likelyhood of needing at least the ST language here. What if you see something you'd like to change? Will you be back to us to do it for you? Not that we'd mind, that much, but you get Ron's drift, I'm sure?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
I figured out what was happening with the "big gap" above between the first two screenshots, so ignore those comments now...

I had not removed a large portion of White background from the first image that extended downwards considerably. I didn't notice all the White until I viewed the post on my larger monitor.

Silly I!

Ron...did you read my edits above?...

no, Friend George, I went back to bed ... it was about 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning when a thunderstorm woke me up - and I just checked the forum as I pulled up the weather map on the computer ...

I've read them now - and learned a new trick ... thank you ...

Last edited: