Factory talk Connection Issue = 0

kevilay

Hello, I am looking to use visibility to hide a button based on an Enable bit from my PLC. However if I lose connection to the PLC I want it to hide. Right now when I lose connection it will hide the buttons but leave this outline box around it. Instead of hiding it as if it were receiving a 0.

DO you guys have a solution for this?

Thanks
Kevin

SE or ME? In SE, add the following function in the Visibility:

COMM_ERR(tag)
1 (True) if a read or write operation for the specified tag produced a communication failure. You cannot examine the status of more than one tag with this function.

If NOT COMM_ERR({[plc1]#2.En}) THEN {[plc1]#2.En} ELSE 0

I am trying this buy getting a syntax error at line 1, column 19: THEN missing from expression

Sorry I am not very good with expressions

If NOT COMM_ERR({[plc1]#2.En}) THEN {[plc1]#2.En} ELSE 0

I am trying this buy getting a syntax error at line 1, column 19: THEN missing from expression

Sorry I am not very good with expressions

IF I try

COMM_ERR({[plc1]HMI.ManualPB[0].4})

I am still getting a syntax Error. Line 1 Column 10

thats cool, is there a way to do that on a tag level. Something like

{[[plc1]#1.En]@ConnectionsActive}

#1 is just a tag name. Ive tried this and it passes syntax but it just doesn't display even tho the bool tag is positive.

For a quick explanation of what I am trying to do. I have 4 ON OFF buttons. Each connected to a tag. Depending on the program use, they tag may be there or may not be there. If there is no connection to the tag, i just want to hide the buttons. As a visibility it hides the buttons, but with an annoying box around them because it is not seeing a 0 but rather a lost connection.

Last edited: