Disable consumed tags

Try Inhibiting the connection object to the Producing controller in the I/O Tree and see what effect that has on the Consumed Tags.

You can do that programmatically, but start by just clicking the "Inhibit Connection" box on the Connection tab.

Thanks Ken.
I left something out, I need to do it via logic. I want to create a running test that starts with tags with low RPI’s and as the number of disconnects rises to a certain level I want disable that tag and enable another that has a higher RPI. That way I can let a program run and see what RPI setting is stable. It’s just to set a base line to compare products.

Hmm... that's going to be a bigger challenge. Inhibiting the Producing controller object (if it does anything) is going to inhibit all the connections.

The technique for inhibiting a Module uses an SSV instruction; Class Name = Module, Instance Name = (object name from the I/O tree), Attribute Name = MODE.

A value of 0 is "un-inhibit" and a value of 4 is "inhibit".

Check to see if the Consumed tags break when you Inhibit the Producing CPU, and we'll go from there.

Yah the status tag tied to the producing PLC goes “connection failure” when I inhibit the PLC. Is it worth noting that the tags I’m consuming aren’t I/O modules but rather User Defined tag arrays that I created