RSLogix 5k String copy

Jeebs

Hi,

I need to create 4 x 14 combobox, each with 50 states/entries.
14 unique combobox with 50 states writing to a single tag, that x 4 cuz 4 different tags need selecting.
Which one of the 14 combobox will be shown depends on a 0 - 14 selection on another combobox.

In Siemens, I can set this up in 5 mins.
In FTView ME, you have no text lists, you have no combobox. Yes you can create them, but have you ever tried creating one then copy/pasting it 60 times? The up/down/enter button linking remains with the original Control List Selector, meaning you have to manually correct each and every one of them. And I haven't even started on changing texts/maintainability thereof.

So you move it to the PLC.
Where I have a 15x50 array of strings.
Where I'll do one of the following:

Code:
IF (MainSelect > 0 AND MainSelect < 15) THEN
   COP(Array[MainSelect].Strings, Array[0].Strings, 1);
END_IF;
Or

Code:
IF (MainSelect > 0 AND MainSelect < 15) THEN
   FOR i = 0 TO 49 BY 1 DO
      COP(Array[MainSelect].Strings[i], Array[0].Strings[i], 1);
   END_FOR;
END_IF;
'Array[]' contains more items than just 'Strings'.
Array[0].Strings will be used to show strings on 4 Control List Selectors.

So I'm wondering, which is the better solution?
From reading up on the COP instruction, I'm not sure how it works with strings as I don't know how strings are stored/handled within the PLC. Which makes me think Option 1 will not work as intended/expected. o_O

If there's a better solution altogether, plz share.