S7-300 Eeprom

DonsDaMan

Our resident Siemens guy is taking the day off today.

I was asked if the S7-300 processor allowed one to write to the EEPROM.

I am guessing that if you have the latest Simatic Manager, you should be able to, but I don't know that you can.

Is it possible?

Thanks,
Don

If you are looking to write the blocks from your plc program into the EEPROM you can do that. I do that on all the Siemens S7-300 projects I do. I have done it with the S7-313 through the S7-315. The S7-315 will also allow you to do a direct RAM copy, where the lower level processors will not.
However, I don't think you can trigger a write from the plc program like you can with the latest ControlLogix or CompactLogix processors.

Keith

Maybe Don is asking if he need an external prommer, or if it possible to write to the EPROM (flash actually) in the CPU.
Answer: No need for an external prommer, you CAN write the program to the card while it is in the CPU.
And: No need for the very latest version of STEP7. It was always possible.