simatic net opc - easy way?

apetkov5

Hi all!

Is there any way to configure opc server on pc side, to communicate with s7-1200, only by entering ip's and etc in opc server software?

Without installing and configuring "PC station".

I mean, is there something quick and easy like wincc flexible RT direct connection from pc to plc via ethernet?

BR.

I don't know for sure, but for an OPC server I think the best you're going to get out there is Kepserver EX. You buy the software and the drivers for the brand of PLC you want to talk to. They have a Siemens TCP/IP driver.

ugh... i forgot to write...

investor has allready purchased simatic net opc server.

So my question was is there easy way to set up simatic net opc server, instead of installing "pc station"?

Similar to all other OPC servers, you have to configure the Simatic.Net OPC server. You can do this from inside the TIA-Portal project by adding a PC station, or you use the "light" NetPro which usually comes with the installation of the Simatic.Net OPC server.

Having a S7-1200 with this way you can only get access to non-optimized blocks. Also all other OPC-Servers which claim "support S7-1200" only allow this communication type.
The only OPC-Server which allows you to get access to optimized blocks, is the Simatic.Net OPC server (newest version, I think V13). But then you have to configure the PC-Station inside the project where the S7-1200 is located. And then only OPC-UA is allowed.

When using an OPC server, the client do not forward the connection details, such as IP address and rack and slot. The connection is setup in the configuration software that accompanies the OPC server. The client uses the connection name (aka "Topic" in some OPC servers).
So the "easy way" similar to the connection setup in WinCC Flexible does not exist. No matter which OPC server you chose.

I think that the problem you want to solve is how to easily setup the connection for or by the end-customer. With older versions of Simatic Net, you can import the connection by means of an .xdb file. That makes it much easier for the end-user. Not sure if this is possible with Simatic Net v13 since it is muh different from older versions. Maybe someone else knows.

Similar to all other OPC servers, you have to configure the Simatic.Net OPC server. You can do this from inside the TIA-Portal project by adding a PC station, or you use the "light" NetPro which usually comes with the installation of the Simatic.Net OPC server.

that is what i intend to ask...
as i have "locked" situation in s7-1200 plcs i must avoid adding pc station in tia portal, so i will study "netpro" and use it...

Having a S7-1200 with this way you can only get access to non-optimized blocks. Also all other OPC-Servers which claim "support S7-1200" only allow this communication type.
The only OPC-Server which allows you to get access to optimized blocks, is the Simatic.Net OPC server (newest version, I think V13). But then you have to configure the PC-Station inside the project where the S7-1200 is located. And then only OPC-UA is allowed.

know that problem about optimised block access, so i will access only to blocks that are "s7-300 type" (not optimised)