Cuttler hammer d100a faults

MGF50POST

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone
I recently purchased a punch press controlled with the old d100a.
When powered up i get fault and eeprom lights on. Can anybody guide me to how to get this press working?
Thanks

Please post the exact model number D100. You will find the number on the side on one end of the plc. The internal battery is probably dead. With the power off, try unplugging the PROM 1st, then, power-up to see if it will run. Next, if that doesn't work, replace the PROM, then, try removing the internal battery, then, power-up again. Don't remove the battery if you don't have an PROM module. Next, try removing both Battery and PROM,then, power-up. Keep in mind that this will clear the entire memory and the plc will definitely have to be re-programmed. I hope that you have a printout of the ladder program. If it is still faulted, please post back, I can help, I have a lot of info available. In all likelihood, the program in RAM is corrupt or missing. The PROM light ON is an OK indication if there is an EEPROM installed or OFF if not installed. The Fault light is OFF normally. LowBattery light should be OFF. Power and Run Light should be ON. One other thing I should mention there is a RUN/Halt switch on the front that should be in the RUN position.

Last edited:
I suspect the program in ram is gone then. Hopefully there was an EEPROM or PROM still in it.

There is an eeprom on the d100a unit. mounted behind the d100a is a d100.
Should that unit also have one?
Also replaced battery on that unit.

It depends on the model numbers and whether there is a place for one. It may be an expansion unit. Is there a cable connected between them? Please post as many details that you can, info that you have, and please post some pictures too.

Last edited:
Check your Private Messages. Click button is located on top right side of webpage.

Edit:
Please use the Search feature and search for D100 or EX40. Both units are the same. There are a lot of posts available. If you can't find one, I can upload a manual that may help.

Last edited: