MSg

Hojland

Is there som how that I can read a MSG from a micorlogix 1400 from a 1769-L32E. I know how to do from a ML to a ML. But the ML dosent support the tag name from the CLX

You have identified the basic problem; the MicroLogix cannot send a message to request a tag name directly.

The usual workaround is to use the "PLC/SLC Mapping" feature in the CompactLogix, in which the CompactLogix uses an INT or REAL array tag to emulate a SLC/MicroLogix style data table.

For example let's say we configured the CompactLogix to make Data File 7 match with INT[100] array tag named "IntegerFileSeven[100]".

When the MicroLogix requests "N7:10", it will get a reply with the value stored in "IntegerFileSeven[10]".

This feature must be configured offline in Studio 5000 Logix Designer.

Is it easier to send from the CLX to micologix. I have problems with PATH. My CLX called 10.3.12.41 and my ML called 10.0.47.27. I have seen some one rights 2, 10.0.47.27 What does the "2" stands for