Energy consumption step 7 code

Ghourab

I had an FC which specialized for computing energy or power consumption by shift - day - year and so on.

this fc is called in a function block to take the flowrate per hour input of the certain computed thing for example kilo watt hour kwh for electric power or cubic meter per hour for gas this value is computed in the fc to gave me consumption per shift day month and year.

the problem is :

the year and sometimes month consumption give right values till a certain no "it is not constant" and after this no. it stop accumulated although all used values are REAL.

I attached a 7 picture on the zip file of the fc code.

I wasn't able to open the zip file.

Posting actual the code might make it easier for someone to help you. You can create a library with the relevant blocks and post that or export to an STL source file and post that or use the advanced feature, paste the code in to a post, highlight it and wrap the "code" tags around it.

Nick

ya l understand that if a small value no. added to a very high no. it will produce a constant result with no change at the large one also produce wrong values .

so; the question is how to be free from this trouble.

you can get more precision from a DINT as you would use all 32 bits. A float is made up of 23 bits of mantissa and 8 bits for the exponent.

You might want to considder altering what you accumulate and how you might handle a roll over.

Nick