Stepper motor Advice

don2405

Hi Everyone,
I am a newbie to stepper motors and drives so I dont know if motors, drives and power supplies can be interchanged.

I am Using an AD DL06, Can a vexta stp 2phase motor (PK244-02AA,0.8A DC,7.5 ohms) work with the Automation direct STP-DRIVER 4850( 24-48VDC) and the Automation direct STP Power supply 3204(32.5 VDC, 4A)?

Can one stepper power supply( generic high Amp from Ebay )be used to power more than one stepper motors and drives?

Yes for AD Drives. See page 4-14 (PDF page 68) of this manual for custom motor settings.

Yes for power supply. Will you be running more than one motor at a time?
Don't daisy chain. Give each driver it's own power cables back to the supply.
See this link for more info.
If you get a problem with feedback, you might need to add large electrolytic caps at the motor driver power supply inputs. I doubt you'll have a problem with the Vexta you're using, because it's low current.

I will be running 2 motors simultaneously.. I will give it a try.
I am now learning Automation direct, the programming is much different from Allen Bradley.( have a few questions about the V memory but will ask later)

I just got 4 used AD stepper motors 17048, 2.0A, 1.8 ohm.
If I were to use the AD stepper power supply 3204 how many motor can I use simultaneously?

Are the generic/no name steppper power supplies on EBay any good?
Lastly what is the rule of thumb/what to look for when matching stepper power supplies, motors and drives?

Thanks

I just got 4 used AD stepper motors 17048, 2.0A, 1.8 ohm.
If I were to use the AD stepper power supply 3204 how many motor can I use simultaneously?
Two.
Are the generic/no name steppper power supplies on EBay any good?
Yes.
Lastly what is the rule of thumb/what to look for when matching stepper power supplies, motors and drives?

Thanks
Amps. Simple math. Add up the current of all motors.

From a PM:
I was reading that voltages are not important when with regards to stepper motors. Is that true? Because I do not see no vdc specs on the steppers.
Not very important.
When choosing a generic stepper power supply, what voltage should I choose?
Higher is better. Don't exceed rating of drive. Remember, power supply is unregulated. Unloaded voltage may be several volts higher than rating.