Power supply redundancy module

lncabin

I've attached the circuit diagram for a redundancy module. I'm a mech so bare with me. I'm trying to understand how this circuit is working to get an understanding of how my power distribution circuit is operating.

From what I read on the tech specs is that 2x40A inputs from the power supplies will output 1x80A from the redundancy module. But if one power supply would fail then the output from the redundancy module will drop to 40A and thus I am really only providing 40A of redundancy?

http://www.pulspower.com/index.php?reqNav=product&objectId=161

Capture.PNG

I do believe it not for failure redundancy, but more about unstable supply or a 40A Power Supply do the job most of the time and there's a bigger demand time to time.

Capture_PS_general.PNG

Last edited:
We use those for redundancy, if one power supply fails, the other picks up the load, essentially acting like parallel check valves. Of course, your max load shouldn't exceed what only one can supply.