neteni utility

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to set the IP on a 1761 NET-ENI, I had previously set it and another at the same address, one for on the machine and one for testing in shop. The one on machine is working fine, I started a new project on a different machine and was going to use the second one with the same address. Both were used in FTME for PanelView+. Even though I have a completely different communication set up for the new screen with shortcut. It wont let me use that address it says it is already in use
My second dilemma is I have read over the 1761 NET-ENI instructions on using the Configuration utility and I keep getting the error :unable to connect to ENI check cable and port settings:
I have tried everything, I know I loaded the first time last year, I have tried all the port settings, This is a series D. I tried to ping it to see if it still recognized the old address to no avail. I know I used it last year a few times for tests but that was my only encounter with the NET-ENI
Any advise (using it to convert RS-232 port on a SLC-L532, to run a 2711p Ethernet that replaced a 2711 standard on RIO)

I have tried using Com port 1 (my laptop still has RS-232) I also used my usb to RS-232 adapter I always use, checked my device manager to confirm port # (6) I have tried every baud rate. looks like it starts to go (blue bars half way) then I get the error. I see no led on NET-ENI RS-232 coms

Make sure that your PC is on the same subnet as the module, and then try to ping it over the network. But if you subnets do not match, then it will not work.

I tried to ping that address from my laptop plugged into it with ethernet no reply

What is RSLinx Classic and RSLinx Enterprise doing while all this is going on?

If either of those are open or active in the background, with either a DF1 or Ethernet driver running, then they will consume the resources that you are trying to use. For instance, RSLinx Classic may be running a DF1 driver which is using COM1, and preventing you from establishing communications over RS-232 from the ENI Utility to the NET-ENI.

This catches a good number of users out.

Regards,
George

I have nothing else running, I made sure Linx was not running as a service. I have tried several usb ports and check them in device manager for the com port number
on power up of the NET-ENI the LINK led flashes amber and the TXRX is green for a few seconds, then the LINK goes out and the TXRX flashes amber, I have no fault led, power led is green, I can never get a RS-232 RX/TX led
I know I used this last year but now it will not respond to the old address I loaded back then or let me load a new one. I am at a loss and am going to purchase another.

Purchased another NET-ENI and the upload was easy with the ENI Utility.
My other one must be bad. Thanks