General Error Help... (studio 5000)

JohnnyQuanex

Lifetime Supporting Member
This is the error I'm getting...

I guess I'm just not sure what this is telling... (Please have mercy on me for my ignorance... I'm highly underqualified...)

Verifying rung in routine: MainProgram - MainRoutine ...
Error: Rung 5, XIC, Operand 0: Invalid data type. Argument must match parameter data type.
Complete - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I'm trying to connect a push button in my panelview program to the bit in question, but it doesn't seem to trigger the math instruction I have in the rung...

I'm doing something wrong here...

I've got so much to learn..!

Are you 100% sure the "bit in question" isn't being written to from somewhere else? Does it appear as the address of a coil in the program? Is Spindle_Enabled[1] being written to at the word level? Is Spindle_Enabled being processed at the array level? Finally I assume the address in the button on the HMI is Spindle_Enabled[1].0.

Keith

Here is the dialog box in the FactoryTalk suite... I'm trying to assign that address, but it doesn't show me the whole list, just the head of each array...

I have the bit in the rung set to Spindle_Enabled[1].0, but the address in the FactoryTalk Viewer suite doesn't let me choose the ".0" part...

I think I'm misunderstanding or missing something...

I've also included a picture of the controller tags in context...

Capture PV Address Box.jpg Capture from 5000 controller tags.jpg