Liquid measurement.

thiefgold0913

Hello everyone, I have a question in the setup and control for liquid measurement.
The scenario is I need measure in pounds of water, corn syrup,and oil going into a mixer at different times and want setup a micrologix/HMI controller to do this.
So how would I go about setting up the K-factor for each liquid to be measured?
8.35 lb. = 1 gal. of water
7.2 lb. = 1 gal. of oil.
11.57 lb = 1 gal. of corn syrup.
We are using a turbine flow meter rated for 67 GPM.

Ask yourself, how would you correct the flow meter's output to read correctly for oil, which has a Specific Gravity of 0.8622 (7.2/8.35), when the meter is calibrated for water with a Specific Gravity of 1.000?

Similar Topics

Hi, I have seen a few post with similar topics and I have tried contacting the authors however I have not had any luck so I am posting this new...
Replies
Views
A new LACT skid was delivered seemingly identical to the other 20 before. We have a config file that we have been able to download without issues...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am an electrical engineering intern who recently received a project that is definitely a bit over my head, and I could use some...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I have an application where the customer NEEDS TO DETECT the foam on liquid. The reason is that they don't want to overfill their Tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to make an Automatic Coolant Dispensing station for my client. This unit will be stationed next to a CNC Machine to monitor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom