I need help

ioanbz

Hi,I have a plastic injection machine that has not been used in the past 2 years.
Now startup prompts * MINOR FAULT- A foul has occured.Error-448.Press any key. *
If I press any key on the display disappears any message.
The machine is equipped with PLC AB 1747-L524 CPU 05.02.
I do not have a copy of the software installed and producing company no longer exists.
What solution do you propose?
Regards ,
Ioan

IMG_20160316_103943.jpg IMG_20160316_104901.jpg IMG_20160316_103913.jpg

The good news is the fault is not in the PLC - it still has a program and is in run mode.

The problem seems internal to the Panelview (or whatever brand HMI it is)

It could be that the HMI doesn't have a flash or EEPROM and it has lost it's program, or (is this a touchscreen??) the touchscreen could have got damaged (grit pressed into surface) during storage.

Dear Aabeck,
Thanks for trying to help.
I do not think the blame is PanelView as putting the machine under power, the PLC trying to run self-diagnosis program, after displaying the error message.
If I remove the data cable is displayed * No active nodes found on network *
The car was not moved, nor the PanelView were not made pressure

I would go ahead and get a backup of the PLC program right away and not take any chances!

Next step would be to try and get the program off of this PV.

You really don't want to have to rewrite the program.

Remember that the SLC-5/02 was build back when you could get LEDs in any color, as long as it was red. So as noted, the controller's red LEDs just mean it's in RUN mode, and the Fault LED being off means it's not in a Fault mode.

Error code 448 on that old PanelView Standard means "screen not found", meaning the terminal is trying to display a screen that's not actually in the application file.

What's probably going on is that the SLC-5/02 controller is controlling which screen is being displayed, and that it is giving the PanelView a screen number that doesn't exist.

You can try to upload the programs from the SLC-5/02 and the PanelView terminal. If you don't have the proper software or networking adapters, hire somebody to come in and do the job for you. Messing around with uploads when the copy of the program in the controller is the only one that exists is a job for experts.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me,.
I understand that your exposures the defec is in PV .As I said I have no copy of machine programs.(even for PV)
If you can let me test some solutions commended for PV

Last edited:
I don't think there's actually a defect in the PanelView or in the PLC; I think they are just working together in a way that generates a fault.

Let's say that the PanelView has 10 different display screens, numbered 1 through 10 in the PanelView software.

The PanelView can get its navigation from the PLC directly, by reading a specific register. Let's say that's the first integer register, N7:0.

If N7:0 = 0, then the PanelView doesn't change displays. It just waits for a pushbutton object to command a display change.
If N7:0 = 1, then the PanelView displays Screen 1.
If N7:0 = 2, then the PanelView displays Screen 2.
If N7:0 = 10, then the PanelView displays Screen 10.
If N7:0 = 11, then.... wait... there's no Screen 11. The PanelView displays Error 448.

There is no way to know for sure what is going on without uploading the programs from the SLC-5/02 and from the PanelView. This can very likely be done with ordinary Allen-Bradley network interfaces and software packages.

But if you are unfamiliar with Allen-Bradley, especially these very old controllers, it may be better to hire somebody with experience to retrieve these programs for you.