Looking for SLC 500 APS software

Steve@SBVC

Does anybody know where I can find the SLC 500 APS software ver. 6.0 or earlier, I have been looking everywhere for it and just cant find it, I am trying to find the latest version, I even looked on RA's and AB.com website and have no luck. :unsure:
I am trying to configure a 1746-HSTP1 stepper module for a project that I am doing for an electronics class. Any help would be appreciated. Or does anybody know how to configure it by using RSlogix 500pro so that I can clear the fault light and use it.

Thank you (y)

Thank you Nehpets for your reply and the link to the manual for the stepper module, I read through the configuration portion of this manual, and it says it need to be configured through the backplane, and I don't know if RSlogix 500 can do this, thanks for you help.

Steve, l think you need to re read, as it says it all in the first few lines of the manual, compatible with all 2 rack modules and up. RSLogix500 is only the software and can do everything required by Rockwell or you, subject to the model of software you have got a mortgage for.
Regards

I've no experience with that module, but it is available in RSLogix 500 I/O configuration.

There are very few and very rare cases where you might run into trouble trying to upload from a controller that was programmed with APS. But, if you intend to configure one from scratch I can see no reason to seek out the APS software. I can think of a handful of reasons to avoid it though.

Go with RSLogix 500 (at least the Standard Edition) and make your life much easier.

I believe that when it mentions that it is configured via the backplane, it simply means there are no module configuration switches to mess about with, the configuration is done in the software using i/o words.

Steve

Nehpets, is it possible to configure the module through the processor files by adding a file after the F8 float file, and make a N9 file to access the bits in the 1746-HSPT1 STEPPER MODULE, Because when I install a high speed counter module it shows a file that I can access to toggle the bits needed to change the modes, I was wondering if the same could be done for the stepper control module.