Anybody using AB Micro800 with Maple System HMI?

damica1

I have been working with the DEMO from Maple System and really like what I see. However, I am a relatively new comer to using HMI screens.

I was wondering if anyone had used a Maple System HMI with an AB Micro800 series PLC?

I would like to see how you would setup the Modbus Mapping so that I could display a 5 digit REAL number onto the screen. I'm just not sure of the addressing, the DEMO version does not allow connection so I can't really complete this part to test.

Thanks

If you are using an Ethernet version of the Micro800 series, they support Ethernet/IP symbolic addressing like the ControlLogix. If the HMI supports it, you can use a global scope tag name directly and not have to go through a Modbus mapping.

That's the problem as far as the information(manual), if using the Micro800 series you have to use Modbus Mapping.

I have ask the sales rep for Maple System but he just provided the .pdf document as to how the addressing works. But I still don't really understand how the HMI screen will link this data together.

I have used the PanelView800 with the Micro800 seriels and they communicated thru the ethernet and was tag based. I had no problems.