Rslinix integration in Honywell Experion Server

kannanmkm

We are faciing problem in Rslinix ethernet intergatrion with honeywell Experion server.

Honeweyll side .

1. We are using Honeywell Experion R310.3 Verison PKS server
2. The system already have running Two RSLinx intergrated DH+ Contrologix controllers
3. we have the license for Rslinix integration

Rockwell side:.

1. We have Rslinix OEM version installed in Honeywell server .
2. We have installed 1756-ENBT module on control logix chasis.

Issue:

1. I have added the channel in Quick builder and configured the Rslinix driver and staion mapping settings respective to the RsLinx configuration.and the download is sucessful
2. When i see the channel status on the Experion server. channel send and receive data is giving error. i have tried this after creating controller and points. still i am getting Error.

I dont know what might the problem in the above issue. I think i am doing configurations are right. Is there any limitations to add the no of Rsinix integrated channels on the Honerywell server or its unlimited

Have you checked the firewall settings on the Experion server?

Usually the firewall is enabled on these systems when installed by the book.

We already configured exceptions on the windows firewall. ..

Still i dnt get any data.

if can someone help how to config the Quickbuilder as well as RSlinx pls

You need to find out where the problem is.

Step 1 is the PLC.
Is the PLC correctly configured for ethernet? Can you ping it?

Step 2 is the RSlinx installation.
Is RSlinx working? Is it talking to the PLC? Can you read values from an OPC client?

Step 3 is to look at the experion config.

Don't expect it to just work. Seldom are we so lucky...

If you don't know how to check these things you need someone from AB or who knows it very well to make sure that step 1 and step 2 is working. And you need someone from Honeywell or who knows Honeywell to get the Experion to RSlinx up and running.

PS. I think communication between RSlinx and Experion is OPC. That means that the user under which experion is running must have the right to execute the OPC server under the user RSlinx is installed. This is of course easier if they are running on the same machine but it can be a hassle when they are under different domains.

Last edited:
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply.

As per ur Text.

Step1. I have configured my Contrologix PLC under Ethernet/IP driver in Rslinx .

Step2. I can read all data using RsLnix OPC test client.

We installed this experion system 4 years back. During the commissioning period we selected Dh+ communication mode. AB and Honeywell is communicating via DH+ in Quick builder ( via KTX card on server to DH+ card on AB control Logix)

As the DH+ technology is getting old. my company wants to remove the DH+ communication and upgrade it to Ethernet.

Is there anyone already did configuration honeywell to rockwell.

Regards
Kannan K

OK, then you have done half the job.

Have you configured your dcom/com settings on the server?
http://www.matrikonopc.com/dcom-configuration-opc.aspx

I assume you built experion controller & channel to point to the RSlinx OPC server? Unless you have redundant experion servers in which case you use the redirection manager. Please post screenshots.

I assume you know you have to build scada points in experion to access the OPC tags?

Also are your experion installation patched and current?

Hey Pete.
If i go with OPC.
I have installed Rslinx on the experion server.

Do i require separate standalone server for OPC.?

And i know there is Rslinix intergration available on Honeywell experion server. why i not i go for direct data transfer then OPC.

Thanks.