TX chart in Scada

govind2k9

Hi,
I am looking for a way to plot Time data in Y axis and variable in X axis in real time trend and historical trend as well.Is there anyway to do this in Siemens Wincc.
Also is there a option to do this in any other scada if this is not possible in WinCC. Currently I am also looking at Copadata Zenon scada as well but I couldn't find way to do this.

Take a look at the trend control in WinCC. Plotting realtime data sounds like pretty basic functionality.

Hi,plot Time data in Y axis and variable in X axis
This is known as an X-Y plot (sometimes X/Y), one variable against another, where each pair of variable points becoming an X-Y coordinate on the graph.

The result is NOT a function, there can be multiple f(x) for each x.

Several examples:
Lissajou patterns:
Lissajous.jpg
Lissajous_sm.jpg

Cyclic Voltammetry - Voltammogram from an electrochemical cell driven by a potentiostat:
voltammogramm.jpg

Heat Flow vs temperature from scanning differential calorimeter:
heat_flow_vs_temperature_DSC.jpg

Excel has a means of plotting X-Y graphs.

If the data is already historized by the SCADA system then this is a very standard feature that every package I've ever worked with can generally do out the box with minimal code. I don't know WinCC unfortunately.

However if it's generic X-Y data from another source then that's a different kettle of fish.

Hi All,
Thank you for the replies. Plotting variable against real time is pretty much basic in wincc and other scada as well. What I am finding it difficult is to Plotting realtime against variable. that is real time in the vertical axis (Y axis) and the variable (input from sensor) in the horizontal axis(X axis).

A Google search for X-Y plot WinCC produces a number of hits on the Siemens user forum.

Be aware that Siemens hosts the forum but its employees generally do not participate (2 replies in the 6 years I been on the instrumentation forum).

X_Y_plot_in_Win_CC.jpg

X-Y chart allows to plot one variable against another. In wincc, I tried X-Y plot but it's not straight forward to plot real time in Y axis against Variable (Pressure) in X axis. I see that now it is possible to do this in Iconics Genesis SCADA. Thank you for the reply.