DDV Instruction

passwordg

I'm trying to convert a SLC 505 program to ControlLogix.
Could someone please explain how a DDV instruction works or else how the following logic is supposed to work so I can try to translate it.

And the Status bit - Overflow Trap. I understand what it does, but I don't understand how to translate it.

DDV.jpg

Do the multiply as shown sending the results to a DINT.

Then divide the DINT by 13107 ( the DDV divided the 32 bit results of the previous MUL which were in the Math Register by 13107 - the N7:8 result in the MUL actually doesn't get used at all.)

Use that result in a subtraction command.

Or just place all 3 into a compute (CPT) command.

You really don't have to worry about an overflow.

Similar Topics

Hi, I am working on migrating legacy program from MicroLogix1000 to MicroLogix 1100 and apparently it's throwing an error saying the DDV...
Replies
Views
Anyone find a way to do DDV command on a Logix 5000 platform? I can't figure out how the double divide is calculating. Looks like hoodoo voodoo!
Replies
Views
Ok, so I consider myself reasonably intelligent, but I need help with this one. I would like to better understand the Double Divide instruction...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've come across one of the program which consists of DDV instruction. I tried to search the help & instruction manual, the explaination...
Replies
Views
Can someone explain what the DDV (double divide) actually does in SLC500. I've read the explaniation, but i cant quite grasp it =[
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom