PLC faulting intermittently Fault code16

Jai_mrf

I am facing problem of my Plc going to fault mode intermittently.
on my AB Compactlogix PLC

Fault coming is
code16#009 module configuration rejected, parameter error
Additional fault code 16#0300
This came on 1769IF4 module

When restarted PLC it is running OK
This is the last fault coming

Before this another fault code had come before in the controller
"IO module connection failed on required"

Till now i have changed 1 IF$ module, One end connector, changed the power of IF4 drom bus to external

Kindly help

Jayakrishnan

Last edited:
By end connector I assume that you mean the 1769-ECR (end cap)? I just wanted to be sure because this part is necessary with CompactLogix, some people don't realize this.

Every time I have experienced something similar to this its because the white tabs on top of each module that lock them together weren't fully seated (to the left). They would appear to be all the way, but if you pushed on them, you'd feel the "click" of them fully seating.

If that is not it, could you describe the entire rack part numbers? Include the power supply and where it is in the rack. For example:

[0] 1769-L33ER
[1] 1769-IQ32
[2] 1769-IQ32
1769-PB4
[3] 1769-IF4
and so on