Help bring Ron back...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
It seems Ron (rsdoran) has closed his Industrial Electrical & Maintenance website (www.patchn.com)... :(

As one of the 'regulars' at his website, I have received a few PMs from other IE&M fans asking "What happened?", and "What can we do?"

I figured I'd start a new thread where we can all show our support and (hopefully) convince him to come back... :nodi:

Many here (including myself) consider Ron a good friend, and don't want to see him leave based on what a 'certain someone' writes in their posts.

[attachment]

beerchug

-Eric

patch_com.gif

I Agree Eric

I found Ron's site interesting and informative.

While I had only posted there a few times, I visited it often.

Ron seems like the kind of guy you would like to work with, or have a beer with once in a while.

I learned a long time ago that I could wire every new house out there, and I couldn't design every control panel out there.

I also learned that you CAN'T PLEASE everyone.

Some people can ruin a good thing for MANY.

Eric...let's just accept this as a short vacation or hiatis (back to the spell checker thread).

Best Wishes To All, Specially Ron.....casey,

Last edited:
I somewhat understand Ron's frustrations. I'll have to agree the AC/DC thing, and some of the other comments seemingly directed at Ron were unecessary, or could be easily taken out of context / misunderstood. Also it's my opinoin that Ron's site is (was?) a valuable resorce that HE provided at HIS expense and time, and was somewhat underutilized and underappreciated.

Ron, If your reading this please try to understand that all well respected and well intentioned people have their detractors. So please dont think that one guy represents the vast majority. It's just not the case.

I too hope Ron's just doing maintenance. I think we all need to keep in mind that Ron & Phil get very little if nothing in return for their efforts and cost of maintaining their sites, and deserve a big dose of appreciation from all of us.

So, Ron, what ever happened with the insurance company?? Inquireing minds need to know..

elevmike said:
So, Ron, what ever happened with the insurance company?? Inquireing minds need to know..

Funny you should mention that, Mike... That just so happened to be the exact question in my last post over there, before he closed the site... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Ron,
I visited your site for the first time only a week or so ago and added it to my favorites straight away.

I will keep it there hoping you will reconsider.

come on don't make me beg

As a long time member of Ron's site, is was a great surprise not to find it yesterday...I am hoping that I will hear from him today...I will update you if I do hear from him.
We want Ron,
We want Ron,

:site:

David

Last edited:
Unemployed moderators for hire.
We work for the promise of a beer at some point.
Contact Paul or David.

We want Ron,
We want Ron.....

(can't even get him on the landline....)

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've been here. What happened with Ron? I read the thread about hazing and saw his comments about diodes converting AC to DC. Is that what this is all about? I didn't see anything wrong with his information.

Randy

Just now I'm in desperate need for information about maintenance and setting up a system to do it. Let me join the picket line here.

We want Ron,
We want Ron.....

David_Emmerich said:
Unemployed moderators for hire.
We work for the promise of a beer at some point.
Contact Paul or David.

Not only have we lost a great site, Myself and David have lost our jobs! banghead

It goes without saying, I am on side.

Paul

Say it ain't so!

Ron, I am clueless about what might have prompted you to pull the plug on your site. As you know, and by prior permission, I have included the IE&M site in my course materials I use every term at school. The students have been good about joining and participating in the posts. Some are very young and green in the field but even so, recognize the value that you had provided. Let me just say, I hope we all can persuade you to put the site back online so we may all benefit from it. If you need help with any detractors or opposition to the site, just say the word. There are more than enough willing colleagues in many parts of the world to help you take care of any annoyance. Let the idiots of the world go their own way, we who truly know from whence we speak, will always support you. 👨🏻‍🏫