toshiba T16S index addressing

interdog

I am an amatuer but used to be professional real time embedded guy.
PLC and micro works differently i see.
I finally need to use indexing as a way to indirectly address registers. I have read everything and notice when an index modified register is written an I, J or K appears above the value,to say the index is in play. What I cant find is how you enter your register so that the index is applied and the I,J,K appears in your program? Ive read the book till Im blue in the face.
Also the FOR NEXT looks like it can only use a constant for n, number of iterations whereas I need my subroutine to execute the number of loops specified by the CALLER.
Also JMP cant jump backwards. How to I create a FOR NEXT loop with program specified n?? Thanks - pardon the ignorance