Unable to download to PV Plus 7 Standard

phuz

Got a new PanelView Plus 7 Standard 600 and trying to transfer the app to it.

It's telling me that it is not a valid terminal. I tried loading it directly via SD card and the PV, itself, is telling me it needs to be a PV Plus 7 Standard, which it is!!! I've done hundreds of PVs over the years and have never seen this message.

attachment.php

attachment.php

PV_1.JPG PV_2.JPG

What version of FactoryTalk View Studio are you running ? Do you know what version firmware is running in the PV+7 Standard terminal ?

This is almost certainly just another instance of RSLinx Enterprise needing to be patched or upgraded to support new hardware.

"EDS files ? Why would we need those ?"

Yes, I'm on FTVME 8.00 and the terminal was on F/W 7, but I upgraded it to 8. No luck.
Wonderful, I'll try the patch. Silly Rockwell. :)

I'll roll back by claim about RSLinx Enterprise after re-reading the comments about the PV+ itself rejecting the Runtime.

It's probably something that needs to be patched in FTView Studio, because it's not creating a runtime whose identifying information can be recognized by FTView ME or the PV+ terminal.

Two words to solve all you panelview woes:
Red Lion

Once you go Crimson you will never go back.

I use Crimson when the customer lets me spec the hardware. Why not? It's very user friendly, with more functionality, for 1/2 the cost!!! And my favorite part is the lack of downtime when the unit is being updated compared to the horribly long reboots of the PV.

But, I have several customers where the standard is AB PanelView so I must submit. ;)

Couple things I would check...

1) As said above make sure the firmware on the PVP is the same as your FTV version

2) I saw this recently while troubleshooting the same issue, I was trying to transfer an updated .mer with a service techs laptop just using the transfer utility. I had to upgrade the transfer utility to the 8.10 or something like that.

https://www.borderstates.com/UserFi...able_to_Download_Firmware_or_Applications.pdf

3) In the project settings in FTV make sure you select "create runtime file for PVP standard" or something like that. I dont have the software in front of me to tell you excatly what it says.

I had the exact same issue on a PVP 600 (v 7) recently, I installed the application with a CF card and the application runs fine. I haven't had time to look for/download the patches to fix it yet, seems like every version needs numerous patches. I really dislike FTview anymore. I maintain 32 bit laptop just for FTView

Last edited:
Couple things I would check...

1) As said above make sure the firmware on the PVP is the same as your FTV version

2) I saw this recently while troubleshooting the same issue, I was trying to transfer an updated .mer with a service techs laptop just using the transfer utility. I had to upgrade the transfer utility to the 8.10 or something like that.

https://www.borderstates.com/UserFi...able_to_Download_Firmware_or_Applications.pdf

3) In the project settings in FTV make sure you select "create runtime file for PVP standard" or something like that. I dont have the software in front of me to tell you excatly what it says.

Yup, that stuff is all fine.

I had the exact same issue on a PVP 600 (v 7) recently, I installed the application with a CF card and the application runs fine. I haven't had time to look for/download the patches to fix it yet, seems like every version needs numerous patches. I really dislike FTview anymore. I maintain 32 bit laptop just for FTView

I copied it from the SD card and it generated the same error on the PV when I tried to load it.