Compact logix l32e controller not communicating with laptop

ravirajan

HI,

Compact logix l32e controller is not communicating with Laptop computer (rslinx classic).
The PLC is connected to an ethernet switch, from there a panelview plus 1000 is connected. whenever i connect my laptop to the switch through ethernet/IP driver, in rslinx the plc and the panelview will be browsed automatically.

plc ip address : 172.18.86.126
panelview ip address : 172.18.86.127

Laptop ip address : 172.18.86.100
subnet mask : 255.255.0.0

Following on from the other guys, id double check that the PLC has retained the set IP address by pinging, using RSLinx or connecting via 232 to double check.

The other day i had a new PLC write its previous settings due to a power cycle, apparently that triggered a write from the SD card, caught me off guard lol.