Interesting technology (not PLC)

That is COOL!

A fascination with magnetism is what got Marconi on the road to radio waves. I wonder what this will bring?

Last edited:
When I heard "Stronger holding force" I was interested.

I use magnetic holding force for some non destructive testing devices, and even the strongest conventional magnet was not strong enough. I wonder if one of these, if they become available, would meet my holding force requirement.

I saw something similar a few years ago that used a "keyed" magnet that only attached to an exact opposite magnet and was strong enough that it could be used as a key to turn a lock or trip a keyed switch.

My application is simple. And not very exciting, but is a struggle I've had for a long time.

A non-destructive pull test of a small steel plate attached to an aluminum extrusion.

The pull strength requirement is larger than what the largest rare earth magnet can hold onto for that surface area and material. All a factor of the magnet's strength, surface area, and thickness of material attached to, and I'm sure other things.

If these "programmable" magnets could be used to make a stronger magnet in a smaller area, it would work well for this.

My application is simple. And not very exciting, but is a struggle I've had for a long time.

A non-destructive pull test of a small steel plate attached to an aluminum extrusion.

The pull strength requirement is larger than what the largest rare earth magnet can hold onto for that surface area and material. All a factor of the magnet's strength, surface area, and thickness of material attached to, and I'm sure other things.

If these "programmable" magnets could be used to make a stronger magnet in a smaller area, it would work well for this.
I hope you send them your specs and look forward to a report.
What do you need, this one is $2.65 which sound reasonable:

chart.jpg

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've bothered with the specs. We basically just proved our process and do periodic destructive tests. But next week I will look into the requirement and see if their standard offerings can do it. Or what they could offer otherwise.

I didn't open the link, but that must be Destin's video. His YouTube channel is one well worth following. 'Smarter Every Day'.
I agree, this is a game changer.

Last edited: