Cannot test application on clean install of FactoryTalk ME 8.1

Patient

I've just installed FTView Studio ME 8.1 on a new VM. It opens fine, restores and loads a project ok, but when I go to test application it gives me an access denied message and shuts down the test app.

Found this tech note on it. https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34639

The exact symptoms however none of the solutions work.
I can test the default project instant_fizz but when I try opening a backup from my other VM it still gives the access denied message and shuts down.

Tried with version V6.1 and V8 APA to see if it made a difference. None.

- No security set on startup screen
- default user has correct letter ticked (even tried with all letters ticked).
- deleted the hidden folder.

I also get an information message which might be a cause saying no "configuration file was found on RSLinx Enterprise server "project name"".
I tried to re-install RSlinx Enterprise V5.8 when I saw that.

Chat is not available... has anyone else had a similar issue??

I haven't had the same issue, but the error message about no configuration file means to me that the shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise has not been configured.

To run the test application, a valid shortcut must be set in the design tab of RSLinx Enterprise