Red Lion G3 HMI - problems with facility copying files from CF card to USB

Hal9000

I have setup a single log file and configured the unit to copy the files from the CF card to the USB stick when it is plugged in. The Log Files are showing on the flash card but the transfer to USB doesn't happen.

HMI: G308A210
CF: Scandisk 1gb
USB: Scandisk Cruzer Glide 16gb

I followed the manual and associated tutorial but it doesn't work.

Do I need to format the USB stick in any special way?

I remember when I was using a Red Lion with a SD Card they had something like a 2GB max. You might want to try formatting the USB drive at FAT16 and see if that helps. It might also require a specific name.

Hi Keshik,

You were right.

2gb is max limit. Using a "button" I call the function FormatDrive('D') to format the USB to FAT16. I then use the function GetAutoCopyStatusCode() to give me the status of the USB file-transfer operation. This is displayed as text on the screen.

Easy when you know how...

Many thanks for your help.

Justin