V
HI
I AM FACING A PROBLEM
I AM NOT ABLE CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO PLC TO WORK ONLINE AND TO CHANGES
IN OFFIT WORKS .BUT ONLINE TIS SHOWS NO COMMUNICATION ERROR
WHAT COULD BE THE REASON

rta53 said:
A stuck CAPS key perhaps?

Oddly enough, it was worked just fine while filling in the 'subject line'... :confused:

Vaibhavcv, er, I mean VAIBHAVCV,

You might get better results if you clue us in on the brand of PLC you have... :unsure:

beerchug

-Eric

In no particular order, here are some possibilities:

Wrong cable
Broken wire in cable
COM port in laptop being used by some other application
Incorrect IP address
Incorrect port parameters
Trying to connect RS232 laptop to RS422 PLC
Bad or incorrectly configured interface card in laptop

We can be more helpful if you tell us what brand of PLC and what software package you're using, as well as whether you're trying to communicate through the serial port, via ethernet, or some other interface card in the laptop.