SLC 5/04 and Inview Display Help

chemdawg

Hello everyone. I have an inview 2706-P44C marquee, with 2706-PDHP DH+ interface, connected to a 5/04 processor through the data highway. I am trying to learn how the messaging system works on this display. So the above items are what I'm using for my bench testing.

I looked at an original program that was written for a line at my work. In the Program files section of the program, it has a LAD 12 - Inview CFG and a LAD 13 - Inview MSG

The in view config is setup with tags:

Message Trigger Address N7:38
Message Data Address N7:11
Message Array Size 16
Variable Trigger Address N10:38
Variable Data Address N10:11
Variable Data Size 16

So with all this info, could someone either show me a sample program that would display messages to the in view?

Lets just say I have a machine with a jam sensor. When that sensor is blocked and the line shuts down, I want the display to say (Theoretically) JAM SENSOR ACTIVE

If I can figure out how to attach the program files I have I will do that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pat