Learning FBD in Unity Pro... How do I do this most basic of things?

aqueousdan

input_1 output_1
---||-----------()

How do I turn on an output when an input is turned on in FBD? Not latched, just momentarily.

If anyone had any ideas of some resources for learning FBD in Unity Pro that would be fantastic.

input_1 output_1
---||-----------()

How do I turn on an output when an input is turned on in FBD? Not latched, just momentarily.

If anyone had any ideas of some resources for learning FBD in Unity Pro that would be fantastic.

If you look on the Schneider website there is loads of documents on the different languages.

Select the Technical Publications section here:

http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk...ad/548-unity-pro/?parent-subcategory-id=80105

There is probably a few ways to do it but that rung could be represented by EQ_BOOL

For FBD just think about what it is that you need to do in then look in the library.

That function block does what I wanted thankyou.

It has two inputs that it compares and checks for equality. when this happens the output becomes "1". I negated the pin with the input on it and it did what I wanted.

Is there no function block that simply turns on the output when there is an input?

Is there no function block that simply turns on the output when there is an input?

Yes there is, its called EQ_BOOL ;-)

Just tag the input and output of the EQ_BOOL with the physical input/output, so on IN1 %I0.1.1 and on the output %Q.0.2.1 and set IN2 to 1 how simple do you want it ?

That is basically the FBD representation of your ladder, its checking if a BOOL is true or not then doing something with it, your --| |-- command can have anything attached to it as can the --( )-- its up to you to decide what, there is no specific ladder elements that deals with physical inputs/outputs.

You can use move block

This is what most people do. One input, one output. Works for all the elementary data types.

Another handy thing to learn early on is the use of the enable pin. You need to turn it on as it's off by default but it can be used to control conditional execution of code, e.g. Move this integer into another integer, only when the logic attached to that pin results in a true condition