PanelView Plus 6 700-1500 Firmware

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

Does anyone know where we can download firmware for a PanelView Plus 6 700 please? The versions on the Rockwell website start from 6.00 but our terminal (which I think has corrupted firmware) is ME 3.10 - 5.10 and I understand that V6 onwards will not load into the older terminals.

Do we have to purchase this from Rockwell now?

Many thanks.
Steve

Hi

Does anyone know where we can download firmware for a PanelView Plus 6 700 please?

Hello all,

I have the same problem, but my PanelViews have version 3.00 firmware. I have contacted AB support and was told that I would have to procure an upgrade CD that they once sold (PN 2711P-RU310). Apparently the firmware cannot just be simply updated from v3.00 to v3.10, etc.. This involves a Microsoft software update as well. I have no problem with paying for the software to upgrade these panels. I just cannot find a vendor that has it.

If there is anyone out there that knows where I can purchase this CD, please send me a reply. Or if you have this and no longer need it, I would be more than happy to purchase it from you.

Thank in advance for any assistance with this.

Leonard Bussey
Closure Systems International

Thanks for posting the details. I think the "PanelView Plus 6" description threw people off, as that is a later generation hardware platform (new CPU, new OS, new firmware) that represented a significant break from the older 3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0/4.1/5.0/5.10 releases, which were compatible with the original hardware.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize the first and second posts were from different users. Ignore the above.

If you have a PanelView Plus terminal with version 3.0 on it, you've got one of the very first releases from 2003. I traveled all over our region in 2003-2004 force-feeding upgrades and firmware kits to OEMs and end-users alike.

You're correct that the v3.0 to v3.1 upgrade required a license payment to Microsoft and the issuance of a little license sticker. RA gave them out for free for six months after the product launch, and for a year after they officially stopped giving them out for free I could still get the Sales department to pay for them. Microsoft always got their money.

But the OS that went into version 3.10 hasn't been available for sale for at least ten years, at any price.

I think that with a corrupted CompactFlash card in a 12+ year old terminal that putting it through the RA remanufacturing loop or replacing it entirely might be the most practical solution.

Last edited: