[Newbie] DINT -> String -> ASCII

Tols

(Using Studio5000) Hi all, little bit about what's going on:

I'm doing this program for my dad, I've never worked on a PLC until I started doing this about 6 months ago and so far I've figured pretty much everything out by myself and with a bit of help. I'm almost done with the project I just need to do one more thing that no one can figure out.

We are trying to send an ASCII string (translated by an RTA Module) to an Matthews MPeria printer. One of the ASCII values needs to be a FS value, but I cannot figure out how to get that to convert to a string.

Currently I am using DTOS and it converts "28" (the decimal value for FS) literally to "28" as a string and thus being incorrectly interpreted by the RTA module.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Even more so if you explain what needs to be done as simply as possible :p

If you need any additional information please let me know.

PLEASE DELETE: I FIGURED OUT IF I USE THE HEX VALUE AS THE STRING VALUE IT TRANSLATES PROPERLY.

Last edited: