Red Lion issues at the moment.

jespong

A truly snappy foundation on me since I'm new here....I as of late simply graduated with an AAS in Electrical Automation and Robotic Technology last December, and have around 2 years of involvement in this field. I'm new in the business, so run simple on me with your confused answers

In any case, yesterday I customized a G306 Red Lion HMI for one of our water frameworks here at work. I have the nuts and bolts down, for example, how to import labels, make labels inside of Crimson, roll out things improvement hues in various states, and so on. I made a few on-screen pushbuttons to control a valve and I CANNOT for the life of me get these catches to control the bits that I need them to.

So. Here's the arrangement. The catch is from the center primitives. Under properties and the activity tab, I have these settings:

Operation: Push Button

Catch Type: NO Momentary

Catch Data: Tag

The appointed tag inside of Crimson is HMI_FillValvePB, which is fixing to a project tag inside of the rationale that is a XIC information label/bit that is called Fill_PB, which is additionally controlled by a physical pushbutton at the station. Nothing is going on. In the event that I push the physical pushbutton, my valve turns green and water turns out the channel on my HMI, however in the event that I press the catch on my HMI that I made to do likewise as physical pushbutton, nothing happens.

So then I thought, ok....maybe the Red Lion requirements for the tag to be a worldwide tag inside of the rationale, not a program tag. What's more, perhaps it can't control a tag that is now being controlled by an outside variable or whatever. So I made another worldwide tag (a controller tag, not program tag) and place that in parallel with everything on my rung so that the HMI had it's own particular seperate tag to control that rung with. Re-imported the L5k document, made the tag inside of Crimson, allocated it to that catch, and voila. Nothing happened. Once more. So on the off chance that anyone could please reveal some insight into what the hell I'm doing incorrectly, it would be incredibly refreshing

Utilizing logix5000 adaptation 20.01 and Crimson 3.0

Much appreciated!

With momentary buttons there is available a hold time. I normally use 500ms.

Also, make a habit of creating a flag tag to check comms with each PLC in the application.

The Crimson function IsDeviceOnline() with the name of your device as named in the Commutations settings in Crimson inside the parenthesis will return a "1" if all is well and a "0" if the HMI is not talking to the device. You can put the fuction as the data source of a tag. I typically call these tags CommsOKAY or something along those lines.

I always have an alarm banner and will set up alarming for this communication check tag when it is off so that I know I have "Communication Lost to Water PLC" for example...

So those are two of the possibilities. If your tag is legit and the HMI is talking to the PLC, you should be able to get the action you want by holding the button. Like I said at the beginning, the hold time for buttons in Crimson is often best set up for about a half a second.

What happens with momentary buttons is that the HMI will write a value when the button is pressed and then will write the other value when the button is released or when the hold time expires, whichever comes last. If you tap the button and the HMI writes a zero back to the tag in the PLC before the PLC scans the logic to examine the tag, it will never "see" it change states.

The tag would need to be able to write to the PLC otherwise its not going to be able to do a whole lot.

I often did things a little differently when I was using Red Lion displays. If I didn't *need* a tag to be momentary (for example, a jog button), I would often create it as a latching tag. Once the PLC saw that tag "ON", it would then perform its action and then immediately turn the tag back off.

Something like:

Code:
  HMI_Tag
----| |---------------------(do stuff, like set intermediate tag)
                |
                |              HMI_Tag
                 ---------------(OTU)

Sounds like it is not doing a whole lot
"however in the event that I press the catch on my HMI that I made to do likewise as physical pushbutton, nothing happens."

Last edited: