Level in Tank Control?

martin1

Hello,

I am looking for advise on how to write some code (Ladder Logic)

I want to control a dosing pump based on the volume increase in a tank.

When the volume in the tank increases by 5mm, turn on the dosing pump for a set number of minutes.

The only way I can think of doing this is within a specific time frame.

What platform are you using?

I think you are correct. Or perhaps you know there will be breaks between the increments.

Will you only have an increasing volume?

Might this be a homework assignment, I think I have seen this question before?

You could always take the sample when you stop running the pump then compare it, issues arrive when you are taking out from the tank though. Just find a suitable trigger to store the value

Ash